The sports clubs programme at MMU provides students with the opportunity to represent the university in a range of different sports in the BUCS (British University and Colleges Sport) competitions.
We are looking for students who want to pursue a career in sports coaching to work alongisde our professionally qualified sports coaches. Students will be able to gain valuable hands on experience, assisting the planning and delivery of sessions and being part of the training and match day experience within our BUCS clubs.
We are offering coaching opportunities in;
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate...with professionally qualified coaches and MMU Sport staff.
- Upskill...yourself with coaching knowledge and practical experience.
- Positive impact...contribute to the positive student experience which our sport clubs provide.
- Network...develop your network of contacts in the coaching world.
- RISE points...earn RISE points for your time spent coaching.
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
16/10/23 to 20/10/23
Introduction / Observation Attend one of our sport clubs training sessions, meet the coaches and observe the delivery of a training session.
02/10/23 to 29/03/24
Coaching Delivery Between October and April our clubs will train and compete in the BUCS leagues. There will be weekly coaching opportunities available to you, working as an assistant alongside our professionally qualified coaches.